Friday 11 May 2012

Read some research today that suggests Tablelands locations like Orange and Armidale are going to be least affected by climate change over the next 20 years. Orange is going to have less rain, but a longer growing season and will actually be more productive. Maybe I should be looking for my "farm where it rains" at Orange rather than the south coast ?

I can get a transfer there with little difficulty, it's close to Mum and Dad, and it's easier to drive 1/12 hours to go farm shopping than 8 hrs.

***************

At the beginning of the year we purchased a lowline steer (who I named Jack for his ears) to help eat the grass.

This was Jack then :


And this is Jack now :


I'm pretty chuffed with the improvement in his condition and wellbeing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment